Hadley Institute for the Blind and Visually Impaired has hosted a local dog walk in Winnetka, Illinois for the last six years to raise money and generate awareness for our organization. This year's event in Winnetka is Saturday, October 6 and we invite you – our students and friends who cannot attend the walk– to participate through our Virtual Dog Walk!
Funds raised from this year's walk will help support Hadley's new Blinded Veterans Initiative, that educates and inspires blind and visually impaired veterans to pursue their personal and professional goals and help support their families.
If you have a dog or a guide dog, we encourage you to walk your four-legged friend in your own community and help us raise needed funds and spread the word about Hadley. So how can you participate? It's easy!
- Register for the Hounds for Hadley Virtual Dog Walk online. The cost to participate is $20 and that gets you a Hounds for Hadley t-shirt and doggie bandana for your pooch.
- Walk your dog/guide dog anytime in the month of October. Invite friends and family members to walk with you.
- Spread the word about your participation in Hadley's Virtual Dog Walk.
- Collect donations from family members and friends to help support Hadley. Checks (either collected by you or sent directly to Hadley) should include a notation that the donation is on your behalf and for the Virtual Dog Walk. They can also easily make online donations. The virtual walker who brings in the most money (received at Hadley by Wednesday, October 31) will win a special prize and will be crowned the Top Dog!
- Tell us how you participated in Hadley's new Virtual Dog Walk. Send an email to email@example.com along with a photo of you and your dog. If you can, wear your Hounds for Hadley t-shirt and have your dog wear his/her doggie bandana. Photos will be posted on the Hadley website and in the spring issue of Connection, Hadley's student newsletter. The best stories/photo(s) will also win a prize! All stories and photos are due by October 31.
- Questions? Please email Jacque Sabian at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-323-4238. Be sure to put Hounds for Hadley Virtual Dog Walk in your subject line.