Career & Volunteer Opportunities
Hadley is in compliance with all requirements pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Section 504, Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and all equal employment opportunity laws. The institute does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or national origin in its activities, programs or employment policies, in accordance with Federal, State and local laws.
Title: Full Time Learning Expert, Braille Team
Reports to: Practice Leader
Overview: Collaborate with the learners as they develop their ability to integrate the insights they gain from Hadley content into their learning/life experience, so they can make choices that help them thrive at home, at work and in the community.
Functions and Percentage of Time:
- The learning expert is responsible for the deliberate planning, monitoring, and regulating of learning processes towards self-directed mastery of learning objects. (40%)
- provides timely (same day, if possible), positive and accurate support/feedback to the learner
- demonstrates a high level of enthusiasm for the content area
- facilitates the learner’s journey by providing guidance related to additional Hadley learning objects and learner-centered community forums
- produces and moderates weekly/bi-weekly discussion groups that create learning communities that promote knowledge co-construction
- provides learners with relevant information and referral options inclusive of external federal, state and local community resources
- effectively uses ESS and the new Hadley learner reporting system
- maintains learner-related logs/notes
- clears follow-up reminders within five business days
- serves as primary subject matter source, researcher and author for the revision and/or development of new learning objects
- continuously monitors learning objects for accuracy and relevance
- creates and maintains accurate and relevant supplemental resource materials
- collaborates interdepartmentally regarding projects that help advance the organization’s goals and initiatives
- participates in outreach activities that may include presentations to learner groups or community partners
- actively participates in Hadley Professional Learning Communities (PLCs)
- maintains relevant certifications/endorsements
- reviews literature relevant to areas of professional expertise
- participates in relevant internal/external professional development opportunities (conferences, coursework) that contribute to professional growth related to the position
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail, achieving high performance goals and meeting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders including learners, learning experts, learning advisors and other staff, and the drive to find ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Affable, warm personality. Respectful, collegial, professional and service oriented.
- Emotional maturity and demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving.
- Highly resourceful team player with the ability to be effective independently.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Education and Experience:
- Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist (CVRT), or Certified Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) or other certification/degree relevant to the area of instruction. (MBA) (Advance degree preferred)
- At least three years’ experience working with adults who have vision loss.
- Teaching experience in the area of the Unified English Braille Code.
- Experience with a variety of assistive technology devices used by individuals with vision loss.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings and weekends to meet learner needs.
Qualified applicants please send cover letter and resume to:
Braille Practice Leader
No phone calls please